Re: command line player

On Wednesday 12 Jan 2005 16:17, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> Does anyone know of a commandline sound player that can handle .ogg so that
> I can replace aplay which does not?
> alsaplayer runs them, so does xmms but neither of these will play without
> popping up the gui and I want notifications to work properly without that
>
> Any ideas welcome.

Many thanks for all your prompt answers, the issue of KDE notifications not
working properly resolved itself when I installed alsaplayer-text in addition
to the alsaplayer stuff that was already there. This anomaly may well have
been self inflicted as I did mess around with things, including kernel
rebuilds in an effort to get Skype to work, which it now does.

Again, many thanks for the info, including some handy command line tips ;-)

--
Bob Hutchinson