Re: Help Configuring Exim

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:35:26AM -0800, Mike Dillinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed sarge some time ago.  I am now interested in setting up my
> own mail server to experiment.  When exim was installed, it was
> configured to set up aliases to forward mail to another user on another
> domain.  I'd like to get rid of those aliases, but I can't figure out
> how.  They're not in /etc/aliases or anything immediately obvious to me.
> I'd like all mail stored locally and not forwarded.
Don't think exim will forward mail for you.  But look in
/etc/email-addresses and ~/.forward.

Exim accepts mail, and optionally runs stuff like procmail, which
optionally runs spamassassin.  Exim then puts mail in
/var/spool/mail/$user.  It *will* forward mail with .forward (now that
I think about it; I just wasn't sure if it was exim that did that).

Justin