Re: command line player

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:22:21AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:17:51PM +0000, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a commandline sound player that can handle .ogg so that I
> > can replace aplay which does not?
> > alsaplayer runs them, so does xmms but neither of these will play without
> > popping up the gui and I want notifications to work properly without that
> $ dpkg -S bin/ogg123
> vorbis-tools: /usr/bin/ogg123

$ apt-cache search player ogg mp3 command line
liboggflac++-dev - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C++ development library (ogg)
liboggflac++0c102 - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C++ runtime library (ogg)
liboggflac-dev - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C development library (ogg)
liboggflac1 - Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C library (ogg)
moosic - Daemon/client combo to easily queue music files for playing
mpd - Music Player Daemon, the name says it all
mserv - local centralised multiuser music server
music123 - A command-line shell for sound-file players
playmp3list - Another front-end to mpg123 with theme support
vux - A rating-based, random ogg and mp3 player

music123 seems like a candidate... (you get mostly the same
withouth the 'mp3' keyword but I kind of was assuming you knew
about ogg123 so wanted something which played both automagically)

Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom