Re: Getting some packages back

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:27:31PM -0300, Jo?o Paulo Just wrote:
> Well, I've already dist-upgraded (just before your last mail :P).
>
> Let's see if I've learned well: k3b and kaffeine are not available in
> 'testing' anymore because some libs have changed and they need to be
> recompiled, repackaged and then, put back in testing. Right?
Yes, they'll be uploaded to unstable, and, in due course, "propogate"
to testing.

> But right now, I'll get k3b sources and compile it myself in a
> custom --prefix, just like I've done with xine-ui.
Yea; you could also build .debs from the newest upstream tarball,
combined with the previous Debian .diff, depending on how big the
.diff is.  Many .diffs are essentially just the ./debian/ directory,
with few if any patches, and new upstream releases just require
applying that patch and testing.

--
Clear skies,
Justin