Re: RAID with Sarge Debian Installer

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:51:30AM +0200, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Also, there should be a small hint that if you make a md set, when one
> needs separate /boot/ which is on a md set or not.

No, there is no *special* need for a separate /boot (other then the
normal need) when using md.  The only problem I had when I did the
install last is that the bootloader only got installed on the primary
drive.  So I had to manually trick it into installing on the second
drive too.

> For that matter, can /boot/ exist on a md, which is on a scsi device,
> which is not builtin to the kernel?

No problem, afaik the md drivers are modules too in the stock kernel.
This is all solved using initrd.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom