Re: RAID with Sarge Debian Installer

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 22:08 +0100, Joao Clemente wrote:
> Peter, scroll your screen down after setting up raid... you'll see that
> you created "raid partitions" that you THEN can set up... they are
> displayed on the listing that you're seeing, but down in the list...

IMHO the new installer stuff is marvelous, especially when using it in
combo with PXE ;) Great jobs guys & gals.

The only issue I had when toying around with the RAID stuff was that
after trying to make the md0 devices, and one decides to do it
differently, that you have to do a 'mdadm --stop md/0' to stop the
relevant md's, after which one can use the menu again to redo the
partition layout.

Also, there should be a small hint that if you make a md set, when one
needs separate /boot/ which is on a md set or not.

For that matter, can /boot/ exist on a md, which is on a scsi device,
which is not builtin to the kernel?

Greets,
 Jeroen