Re: RAID with Sarge Debian Installer

Thank you

I've got raid set up properly now.

Steps in Partition manager
1/ Set up each partition as Software Raid
2/ Create the md devices
3/ Create the mount points on the just created md devices(down in the list)

Regards

Peter

Joao Clemente wrote:

Peter, scroll your screen down after setting up raid... you'll see that you created "raid partitions" that you THEN can set up... they are displayed on the listing that you're seeing, but down in the list...

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say...
Good luck
Joao Clemente

peter954 wrote:

Hi

I am trying to install software raid using the Debian Installer(RC3, CD1), but I can't seem to drive the install properly.

I can set up partitions as RAID partitions, but then I can't set any mount points. If I set up the mount points eg / and swap, then I can't set up raid. The options seem to be mutually exclusive.

I get one drop down list and it has software raid or ext3 etc. I can choose one but not both.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Peter McGregor