Re: No sound in some programs after installing ALSA

xerces8 wrote:
> From: Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>
>
>>On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:30:19 +0100, xerces8 wrote:
>>
>>>Now, there is sound in totem player, but xmms, alsaplayer and "play" all report errors.
>>

>>What is the actual error message?
>>
>>Send the output of:
>>
>>   dpkg -l alsa\*
>>   uname -a
>>   /etc/init.d/alsa start
>>   ls -l /dev/snd
>>   lsmod
>>   cat /proc/asound/version
>>   cat /proc/asound/cards
>

> First, it seems the default ALSA device was set wrong. Where can I fix that ?
> See for your self :
run "alsaconf" and then start or restart alsa (to be sure).
Then try again.
Be sure that required modules are loaded automatically (if everything
works).

Okay, there is only the link /etc/init.d/alsa in Sarge, i thought it was
named alsad. Sorry.

Paul