no lm-sensors modules for kernel-2.4?

Hi list,

does anyone know why there isn't a package called lm-sensors-2.4-xxx in
the repository?

The reason I ask is that I switched from kernel 2.6 to 2.4 on a newly
installed Sarge system and I'm trying now to get lm-sensors to work
again, but as the lm-sensors modules are not part of kernel-image-2.4.x,
the README.Debian of package lm-sensors suggests to either build from
source (which I would like to avoid) or to install the package
lm-sensors-2.4-xxx, which isn't available - so no lm-sensors modules for
Sarge without building a custom kernel :(

Any hints?

Cheers,
Juri