Re: what happend to samba ?

Hi hans,

i can mount the shares from a gentoo box just fine.
i also checked the logs of the debian box. nothing special found there. from the debian side it seems the user is perfectly logged in. but both of my os x boxes (Powerbook and a G5) have problems mountng the shares. The same Macs can jsut mount find the samba 3.0.5 share from the gentoo box. what you mean by " that the name-resolution is not working as before." . no changes in dns have been made. all boxes have reverse lookups.

i tried another thing: i can mount the samba share in os x using mount_smbfs in cli. i can even browse the share in cli. the moment i try to access the same shares in finder i get a spinning beachball aka the finder.

what are these .__files all over the place if i look at the shares in cli. resource/finderinfo ´s ? maybe they are the cause ?!

thanks for add. hints !

regards ,
jens