what happend to samba ?

hi all,

i got a big problem here. i am pretty sure the other day samba got updated on my debian testing box. so far so good, well the worse part: i am not able to access the samba shares right from my os x boxes anymore.

here is what happens:

right after auth and mounting my shares i simply just get the "spinning beachball" aka finder is locked. this wont stop until i stop samba on the debian box or restart my os x client mac.
i dindt change anything. all that changed was the smbd binary.
so are there any major changes i need to know about?
i tested with independet os x boxes as clients, both with the same result:(

please help me access my files again !

thanks a lot !

regards,

jens