Re: manpages

On August 23, 2004 01:25 pm, Oscar Flores wrote:
> Thanks you,  I have just installed less and now it is working. It is
> nice to recive so many answers so fast.
>
> Oscar
>
> Joel Mayes wrote:
> >Oscar Flores <oscar@torroja.dmt.upm.es> writes:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but
> >>... Does anyone know how to configure the manpages so that the
> >>scrolling can be controlled also with the arrows? I am sure it is
> >> very simple, but I dont know were to look for.
> >
> >Install less or most (or another pager of choice) and configure it
> > to be your default pager with
> >
> >#  update-alternatives --config pager
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Joel

If you want color in the man pages then install most and use either of
the two methods already suggested to make it your default. I use this
in my .bashrc to do it.

# Set pager to most for color man pages
PAGER=most ; export $PAGER

And since you have less installed now you may as well have this in there
as well.

#Added to let less view .gz doc files
eval `lesspipe`

Stephen