Shuttle SB52G2 spontaneous reboots

I'm running sarge-testing on a Shuttle SB52G2 P4 2.4/1 gig RAM, last
apt-get updated about two weeks ago (2.4.26).  Short version of problem:
the box spontaneously reboots after a couple minutes of uptime.

Long version:  (Sorry for the verbosity, but I really don't know what
the issue is, so I'm just including everything I've tried.) After initially
installing the box (sarge-testing beta3 net install), the machine would
reliably reboot after about 2-3 minutes of uptime.  Enter several hours
memtest86, no failures after 3 full passes.  Open, check components &
connectors, reinstall, etc.  The install image will stay running as long
as it takes, but after boot from the hard drive, the machine still
spontaneously reboots.  Tried installing redhat (I forget which version,
but something with a 2.4.x kernel version) and let it run for 20 minutes
or so - no issues.

I leave the box for a few days, and when I come back to it, I try Debian
(sarge-testing beta3 still) and install only the bare minimum - no X, no
kernel upgrade, etc - and the box is running fine.  I fully assemble the
box, get lm-sensors running and proceed to run openssl benchmark tests
overnight to see it there's any heat problems.  It's running a little
warm, but nothing too crazy - about 49C - which is par for the course
with those little shuttles, from what I've seen.  I gradually start
apt-getting various components and rebooting, trying to narrow down the
scope of the offending software.  First X/framebuffer modules, then
kernel upgrades, etc.  Box keeps running, I think the magic fix-it fairy
has visited me.  Eventually I get up to a full desktop setup, and
everything is completely hunky-dory.  Then, last night, I made some
changes to the firewall scripts and wanted to make sure everything would
come up right after reboot, and after reboot, the problem manifested
again.

I found some other messages on the debian-testing list saying some
people were seeing spontaneous reboots on SB51G's, but no saw no
resolutions aside from going to woody, which won't work for me.
Suggestions?  Could the Intel 540EM GigE be a problem?

Thanks in advance,
Barclay