Re: Need help configuring Sarge after hardware upgrade

Your desktop isn't the same size as the X display.  Try replacing the
"Screen" section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file with the stuff below
and restarting X.
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes   "1280x1024" "1024x768" "880x600"
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24