Re: Need help configuring Sarge after hardware upgrade

im not a xfree guy (only work in console) but try fiddling with your
XF86Config file. somthing might have happend to it to cause such bad
resolution. might be because the wrong chipset is selected. for the sound
al i can say is poke around in alsa (nice and easy in 2.6.x kernel) and
see if you can get the right module for your sounds card. dont forget to
check the alsa compatibility list first. might save you some time. sorry
im not of more help.