Re: testing currently unusable ?

Markus Grunwald <markus.grunwald@gmx.de> writes:

> Is the current state of "testing" really THAT bad ?
>
> I like the debian distribution very much and I tell its advantages very
> often to my friends - and to my girlfriend.
>
> I wantet to install some software for my girlfriend. Well, today I
> disgraced myself with debian.
> [a lot of apt-get problems]

What do i expect of testing? It is a branch to test relativly bugless
(that mean running) programms and not for use in allday life... Is
there a special reason not use stable? New version of sylpheed should
be easy to backport or to compile with stow as any other desktop
enviroment. I find it a bit strange (not only of you, as i hear of
seomtehing like that every second or third day) to install testing or
even unstable to not experienced linux or debian users....

Every IMHO naturally... :)

Mario

--
One Editor to rule them all.  One Editor to find them,
One Editor to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

(do ((a 1 b) (b 1 (+ a b))) (nil a) (print a))