Re: Upgrading from Woody to Sarge

Hello John!

At Sunday 27 July 2003 03:40 John M. Purser wrote:

> I've got a fresh minimal install of Woody on an old PIII 550 box and
> I'd
> like to upgrade to Sarge.  How do I go about that?  Is it as simple
> as
> changing my apt sources?  Any instructions or pointers to documents
> would be appreciated.

Chapter 5 of the Debian Reference[1] is called "Upgrading a
distribution to testing", but actually it covers upgrading from
Potato to Woody.
Nonetheless the described procedure is still usable for your
intentions, you just need to adapt the steps.

But: Tracking the testing flavor of Debian has a side effect of
providing very slow security fixes. So be warned.

HTH,
Flo

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-woody.en.html