Re: Sarge: debian-installer from Bootfloppydisk and Description o f In stallation

ons 2003-06-11 klockan 15.34 skrev Walther, Christoph:
> Thanks for your answer:
>
> > Thank you for showing us that it IS too confusing. :) "q to end" refers
> > to leaving the selection list (thereby proceeding). Maybe it's better to
> > use a word like "continue", "finish" or "proceed"? I'm CC:ing this to
> > #192305.
>
> After selecting every of the 44 items (item 1 and 2 are not visible on the screen!)
> assuming nothing can be done wrong,
> "q" responses as follows:

You don't have to pick anything, really. Something else that isn't
shown, is the question description. :-/

"""
Choose which Debian installer modules to install
Most modules you will need will be installed automatically. The listed
modules all have low priority and are probably not necessary, but may be
interesting to some users.

Note that if you select a module that requires other modules, those
modules will also be installed.
"""

I don't know how much we will be using the text frontend in the future
(other frontends don't have this problem) but if we are going to use it,
the paging code has to be improved. Oh well.

> Prompt: 1 - 44, q to end, b for begin> q
> Installing Debian installer modules
> [ 7,8%] Retrieving libc-udeb
> Debian Installer Main Menu
>
> Failed to retrieve installer module
> Retrieving the module libc-udeb failed for unknown reasons. Aborting
> [Press enter to continue]
>
> anna's postinst exited with status 1536
> Debian Installer Main Menu

I can't reproduce this. When did you download the CD? From where? (exact
URL). Can you get the /var/lib/dpkg/status.udeb from the ramdisk? It
would be good to look at what versions of the udebs are there.

> Perhaps, the description of this behaviour may be a little help
> for you and you know a trick to proceed the installation with this
> debian-installer...

There's no trick -- when it works. :-/

/Martin
--