Re: Horrid fonts after apt-get upgrade to Xfree 4.2.1-6

Hi,
I solved my problem last night with the help of some guys in
#debian@freenode. The thing was, after installing some fonts related
packages, the fonts catalogue (located in /etc/X11/fs/config) had been
rearranged: the order had been altered and Type1 fonts were on top of
the list. As xfs parses the list in linear order to find a font that
matches the request of an application, some ugly fonts from Type1 or
others were matching instead of the good-looking ones.
All I did was resorting the catalogue so that the order looked like this
(but with the entire paths): misc,cyrillic,100dpi:unscaled,
75dpi:unscaled,Type1,100dpi,75dpi.
I did the same in XF86Config-4 just in case xfs would fail (as xfs is
the first entry on the font sources there).
Thx a lot

-- GomoX