fetchyahoo doesn't use user-defined local file

When I use fetchyahoo, I tell it to store all the files it gets in

/home/{user_name}/yahoo/{yahoo_User_Name}

but it still insists on using

/var/mail/local-user-name

And that is literally "local-user-name" and not just me saying it is a generic local user name.

When I do this:

cat /bin/usr/fetchyahoo | grep local-user

I get this:

my $spoolName = '/var/mail/local-user-name';
if ( $useSpool && $spoolName eq "/var/mail/local-user-name") {

The first returned item perhaps shouldn't have used that literal? Maybe it was for a variable? I didn't know if it was a bug or if I am missing some option, but as far as I can tell, fetchyahoo just wouldn't use the directory I tell it to use when trying to login.

No mailbox or mailspool specified.
Please enter the path to and name of your mail spool or mailbox (eg /var/mail/username): [here is where I type /home/[my_localhost_username]/yahoo/[my_Yahoo!_Mail_username]]