The infinite Loop Bug

Hi,
I Used to use Debian about 6 months ago, and decided to spend some time
trying out a variety of other Free OSs, but now i'm coming back to debian
and to my surprise there was finally install disks for Woody, but I also
read beforehand that there was an infinite loop bug, I tried the
installation anyway, thinking maybe it had been fixed (the post I read was
a few weeks old) but it wasn't.  I kept reading and I got to read alot
about Package rollovers and all this other stuff that was pretty
irrelevant to me, but nobody actually explained how to go about installing
woody short of waiting for the final release.  can someone explain this to
me?  also, I dunno if anyone has seen this or if maybe one of my disks was
kind of messed up, but part of the install program (Selecting modules for
the kernel) looks completely mangled, wierd characters all over the
place...

Tnx in advance
Andre