Re: Package (de)installation

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 02:05:34PM +0200, Richard van Paasen wrote:

> sure that I now removed all packages I don't need. Is there a way to
> tell which packages are KDE related and which are GNOME related? I would
> like to have a minimal installation on my laptop, manually going through
> the (un)installed packages list to see what's needed and what's not is a
> time consuming task.

Try debfoster. It will tell you about the relation between packages
when necessary.  But be careful - it will not warn you when you try to
uninstall something you might need  like a network driver or
dchp-client.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,
      unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
      forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain
      in the Lord."      I Corinthians 15:58