Package (de)installation

Hi,

I have installed the latest testing of Debian. With tasksel, I was only able to select very high level sets of packages. I installed the full X environment. Now I have it running, I decided to keep KDE in favor of GNOME. Since I am installing on a laptop, disk space is an issue so I need to remove all GNOME related packages.

But, how can I do that? I removed all packages that had "gnome" in the package name and used deborphan to remove all unused libraries. I'm not sure that I now removed all packages I don't need. Is there a way to tell which packages are KDE related and which are GNOME related? I would like to have a minimal installation on my laptop, manually going through the (un)installed packages list to see what's needed and what's not is a time consuming task.

I there a way to have a more detailed "tasksel" and a "taskdesel" that list packages based on a user point of view instead of the system point of view that "dselect" provides?

- Richard.