Re: gnucash 1.6.6 and /etc/gnucash/config

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:54:55PM -0400, Suzanne Hillman wrote:

> On Wed, 1 May 2002, Mathias Palm wrote:
>
> > I remember having problems in the startup too. My config file just contains:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ;;; -*-scheme-*-
> >
> > ;; Sample system-wide config file.  At the moment, it's empty.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > So it is probably sufficient to just create it.
>
> Hmm. Wonder if I need to make sure the file/directory are readable, 'cause
> I *do* have a file there right now...

It needs to be readable by the user executing gnucash.

> > I also remember having to set a few links to make gnucash actually run.
>
> Any memory of which links?

I had to set a link

ln -s /usr/share/gnucash /usr/local/share/gnucash

to have gnucash find the file

/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm/bootstrap.scm

I am not sure, what else, it has been quite a while ... .

> Thanks very much!
>
> Suzanne

You are welcome
Mathias