Subject: XLT-PC164-Ruffian MILOs available for test
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:37:33 -0400
From: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com>
To: axp-list@redhat.com, debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
CC: stepan@suse.de, rdp@talisman.mv.com

Get 'em while they're hot... ;-}

Available for anonFTP at:

	ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/TESTING/

you'll find floppy images of MILOs for:

	XLT (aka XL300/XL366, EV5 CPUs only)
	PC164 (not LX nor SX)
	Ruffian (aka UX)

These MILOs are based on Stefan Reinauer's <stepan@suse.de> latest
MILO code (2.2-18) and LINUX kernel (2.2.19) patches, found at:

	http://www.suse.de/~stepan

They contain enhancements in the areas of:

1. they work on XLT and PC164 :-)

2. they can deal with the so-called sparse superblock EXT2 partitions
   (ie partitions larger than ~2GB in size, which require a blocksize
    larger than 1K)

Patch sets for the changes are in the process of being mirrored to
gatekeeper, and should appear within the next day or so.

Please report any problems directly to me, Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com.

Let the fun begin! :-)

--Jay++