mod_proxy breaks in hand compiled apache

I have server running debian testing. The lsat time I upgraded it beefore last night was April 18. I run an apache+mod_perl with a lightweight apache proxying requests for dynamic pages with mod_proxy back to the apache+mod_perl server. I also compile iin mod_gzip and mod_proxy_add_forward.c into my front end, and mod_proxy_rpaf.c into my apaceh+mod_perl. I compiled the servers without support for DSO since that very often breaks mod_perl and slows things down.

Last night I went into dselect, downloaded the the new package info,
and installed the updates.

I then began compiling a new set of apache servers, since I had previously compiled apache without mod_include and now I need mod_include.

When I switched over to the new apache servers, I noticed that
not of the locations on my site that were proxied back to mod_perl
were working.  Further investigation showed that the child
processes were segfaulting when processing URLs defined using
the mod_proxy directives ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse.

I then replicated this behavior on my personal workstation.  At this
time I know this

Mea culpa maximus for using the testing distro on production
box, but I need to fix this prontissimo.  Does anyone have any
bright ideas?

--
Christopher L. Everett
Chief Technology Officer