Odd font conflict between Abiword and Mozilla

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this as I believe that both of
these packages are provided by Ximian, but I thought I would check to see
if anyone else is having the same issue.

Whenever I start Mozilla by itself, the fonts look fine:

http://mattyt.net/moz_no_abi.jpg

However, when I start Mozilla with Abiword already open, the fonts in
Mozilla look different (and not very good):

http://mattyt.net/moz_with_abi.jpg

Notice that the fonts on the sidebar are different (and smaller) and the
fonts in the 2 main center sections (with the white backgrounds) look sort
of 'crusty', if that makes any sense.

(I know the images aren't the clearest [I just did an XV grab], but I
think they demonstrate the issue)

Has anyone seen this before?  Should I contact Ximian?

Thanks :)

Matthew Thompson       http://mattyt.net
mattyt@oz.net          http://www.oz.net/~mattyt
"The tango, danced correctly, is so sexy that you
ought to get married afterwards." -Robert A. Heinlein