Re: split up dialup and ISDN install tasks

On Jun 08, Dan Jacobson wrote:
>  o Consideration should be given to splitting dialup and
>    ISDN PPP support into two tasks instead of having both
>    as part of the dialup system task.  I have been using
>    dselect to unselect the ISDN packages.
>
> No kidding.  Very funny turning ISDN on just because I mentioned I had
> a modem to the install precess.  You super networked guys must be out
> of touch.  All I got is a POTS line here in my mountain top shack.
> Just think of all the folks who never notice those extra processes
> created.

Note that the packages are installed, but they do not run unless you
need them.  "tasks" != "processes" in this discussion.  At worst, it's
1 MB or so of disk space.

Having said that, separate tasks for dialup, ISDN dialup, DSL (pppoe),
and cable modem would be nice, but not really essential.
$SHOVELWARE_DISTRO_OF_THE_WEEK probably doesn't even make the dialup
task optional :-)

Chris, who leaves it to your imagination who $SHOVELWARE_DISTRO_OF_THE_WEEK is
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/