Re: error: dpkg-preconfigure, make, binutils not configured properly

Thanks for the suggestion.

I doubled checked that perl is installed--I think that's the problem.
Perl is installed, but apparently (why?) not working:
typing "perl" gets: /usr/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: no such file or
directory

typing: which perl gets: /usr/bin/perl

so...I think I'll try installing perl again.  But since apt doesn't
work this may be a challenge...

Robert