Re: error: dpkg-preconfigure, make, binutils not configured properly

Robert Hood, Ph.D. wrote:
> I upgraded to testing (I saw an enthusiastic "I don't know why everyone
> isnt using this!" and well...)  I'm not sure how I managed to do this
> (sigh) but now whenever I try to install a package I get an error:
>
> dpkg-preconfigure: BEGIN: command not found, qq{: command not found, use:
> command not found.

Well that's mighty strange. Do you have perl installed on this system?
What version of debconf do you have installed, what is the first line of
/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure, what is the md5sum of that script? It
appears that this perl program is being run as a shell script for some
reason.

--
see shy jo