Re: Exim -> Sendmail -> Exim

Rob Hudson <rob@codesnipers.com> writes:
>The removal of sendmail via the installation of exim left a few files
>behind:
>
>/etc/init.d/sendmail
>/etc/cron.d/sendmail
>/etc/cron.daily/sendmail

That's normal - it saved your configuration files in case you want to
reinstall it someday.  You can do "dpkg --purge sendmail" to get rid
of them.  BTW, it should also have saved that .cf file you mentioned before.

>I kept getting error messages from cron b/c it was trying to run a
>sendmail script that was no longer around.

Please file a bug report - the cron job should silently quit if the
package is not installed.

	       - Jim Van Zandt