Exim -> Sendmail -> Exim

On a previous installation of potato, I had sendmail installed with
mutt and was doing envelope-from's so make it appear like my mail was
coming from different domains, depending on who I was mailing.

Now, with woody, I'm using Exim.  So far, I haven't been able to get
Exim to spoof the From line (not the From: line) so that it appears
I'm running on different hosts for each email address.

So I thought I'd install sendmail again.  It turned out I couldn't
find my old sendmail.cf file, so I wanted to jump back to Exim until I
had some time to set up sendmail.

When I typed: apt-get remove sendmail, it wanted to also remove the
following: at lilo logrotate mailx mutt sendmail

Why would removing sendmail want to take all of that with it?

I ended up just running: apt-get install exim and that removed
sendmail only and set up exim again for me.

My purpose of this mail:

1) To report the sendmail remove weirdness.
2) To ask if anyone knows how to configure exim so that it can rewrite
   the 'From email@domain.com' line depending on the
   'From: Name <email@domain.com>' line.

Thanks,
Rob