Re: Experiences with the 2.2.9 boot floppies

This problem I had with the ne.o module probably has nothing to do with
the boot floppies, but rather the new networking configuration.  After
installing the desired packages and rebooting it still happened.  I
checked /etc/network/interfaces and the configuration appears to be
correct.  As a work-around, I created /etc/init.d/local and included
the appropriate insmod, ifconfig and routing commands.  Now the card is
recognized and networking is configured correctly at boot-up.  I'll try
compiling ne2000 support into the kernel and see if that works
correctly.  As I stated previously, slink had no problems with this card.

Bob