Re: [Install Report] Potato install for DSL router + show off box

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> APT will try all the hosts in the DNS rotation if connect() fails. [Or at
> least it is coded too, hard to test that].

Not really hard. I disabled routing for all of them but one. Ran apt-get
update and watches it iterate through the IP addresses (nice!), and
succeed to contact the one it could.

> It takes 120seconds to timeout each host though, so you have to be patient.

It only took a few seconds per host here, oddly. Maybe because of how I
faked the routing problem, I dunno.

--
see shy jo