Re: New boot floppies for potato!

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 11:34:19AM +0300, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi>
> > The disks-${arch} directories on the ftp site are such canonical places.
> > The boot floppies will reach there eventually.
>
> The keyword here is eventually. The 2.2.0 disks still seem to be in
> the Incoming and the I have not found the pre 2.2.1 Marcel was
> writing about.

  The pre 2.2.1 build has been retracted because I discovered that the build
  machine was having scsi disk problems the next morning (i.e. some files
  in the build might have been corrupted).

> I am not proposing to change how the boot disks are moved to the
> archive, I would just like to see a new place where the latest boot
> disks would always be available.

  pandora is low on disk space and i am not sure whether i can use that
  machine for boot-floppies i386 test distributuins, so if you're willing to
  provide a location that would be great.

> What I was thinking is that when the floppy disks are uploaded to
> the Incoming queue, they would also be uploaded to a well known
> place where the eager testers could get them as soon as a note is
> posted to the mailing list(s). If this was done, the testers did
> not have to hunt for disks from the Incoming mirrors.

  Cheers, Marcel