Re: New boot floppies for potato!

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi>
> The disks-${arch} directories on the ftp site are such canonical places.
> The boot floppies will reach there eventually.

The keyword here is eventually. The 2.2.0 disks still seem to be in
the Incoming and the I have not found the pre 2.2.1 Marcel was
writing about.

I am not proposing to change how the boot disks are moved to the
archive, I would just like to see a new place where the latest boot
disks would always be available.

What I was thinking is that when the floppy disks are uploaded to
the Incoming queue, they would also be uploaded to a well known
place where the eager testers could get them as soon as a note is
posted to the mailing list(s). If this was done, the testers did
not have to hunt for disks from the Incoming mirrors.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland