Re: AIC7xxx based problem

khamson@sage.temple.tx.us writes:

> Referencing the Debian install pages for Intel, it is stated that there
> is a known probelm with AIC7xxx based cards.  I believe I have this
> problem, I have an Intel Dual Pentium Pro MB,

Ah yes. I run several of those. aic7xxx on board I presume.

I used to install basic 2.0 systems on them, rebuild the latest kernel
from scratch, and use apt to dist-upgrade to 2.1

Ugly as hell, I know. Maybe a boot-image from potato will work. They
should.

As long as you run a recent 2.0.37+ kernel they're quit stable, afaik.