Re: Debian Rescue Floppy / Adaptec bug redux

Just a little experience with the driver..I dont' have access to the
machine any more, but... I maintained a system for a recent employer, FIC
VA503+ mainboard(VIA chipset), AMD K6-2/3D/400, Promise dual-channel ATA
IDE host adapter, and affected adaptec card.

My experience was that booting from the install floppy or from the CD hung
the system at that point. However, booting the floppy image from a hard
drive on the same system worked, as well as using the same kernel image on
a configured system. I just took out the SCSI (Didn't actually need it
most of the time) and installed.

Would any of this be duplicatable? I'm not sure, but it might also have
just been the AMD...
I had upgraded the CPU from a P200MMX before adding the card, and I
noticed that with the AMD, the Promise ATA card would hang on detection
with IDE cables plugged in. Switch CPU back, and no problem. Possibly
these are related issues?