Re: Slink Readiness?

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:40:58 +0000 (GMT), stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Steve McIntyre) said:
> What are we doing in terms of architecture releases? The boot stuff
> for non-i386 is far from complete...

Also the Installation Manual for non-x86 is far from complete.

BCW has stated that all must release together.  I don't really like
it, either.  I expect that some of us will be working on stable for a
little while after the freeze ends.

>> Brian, do you know of anyone working on a set of Release Notes as
>> in "what's new in slink?"  I've CC'd Bob Hilliard.

> The release notes he's written will be installed on the root of each
> CD by slink_cd v 1.06...

I had some comments on the layout of the CD I sent before...
Documentation seems to be missing.

>> The long and short is that I think we're good to go.  I think we
>> should try to get a fully 2.2 complaint 2.1r1 release by mid-March
>> too.

> Definitely...

Good, everyone seems to like this idea.  We'll have to keep it up on
the maintainers with non linux 2.2-compliant packages.  Maybe this
list can be repurposed for that cause after release?

I booted into 2.2 and things broke badly.  I didn't go through and
look closely; off the bat, my firewall/IP_MASQ stuff broke (ipfwadm ->
ipchains .... any way to smooth that transition?)