Re: Slink Status

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:25:45 +0000 (GMT), stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Steve McIntyre) said:
> Adam Di Carlo writes:
>> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:13:36 -0500 (EST), Brandon Mitchell
>>
>>> 4) CD group: they are putting the finishing touches on the
>>> scripts, mainly reorganizing what packages go on what cd's.
>>> multi-cd stuff works.
>>  Probably needs more testing; definately needs more documentation.

> Agreed. Just helped a moderately clueful friend through an install
> tonight - it needs more user docs...

Any points in particular?  Have you checked out my new version of the
Installation Manual at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/i386/> (.txt and .html,
other arches also available)?  Sources are available at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/source/>.  This is
updated nightly (4AM) via CVS.

I'd especially like to get better communication between the CD team
and the documentation.  I'm always accepting patches.

It's a big job so any help would be useful.  Please send me patches!
Especially on chapters 1-5 (I haven't ripped up the other lines
yet). Thanks.