confirmation of bad drv1440.bin

Greetings all,
I just thought that I would confirm the bad drv1440.bin disk problem.
Scenario:
grabbed images from llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian/Incoming
used dd to create images on newly formated disks
resc1440.bin.2.1.1-i386 loads kernel and starts install menu
attempted to load kernel and modules from "mounted"
 first error:
 renamed resc1440.bin.2.1.1-i386 to res1440.bin sam for drv disk
   ( I should have done this first ;-)
 again attempted to install kernel and modules from mounted
   saw resc1440.bin and in mid load dumped me back to
   "color selection" menu, this was disconcerting. but it still new where
   in the install procedure it was since I got right back to
   "install kernel and modules"
 Decided to install from floppy images
   recieved the same error that was mentioned last night, namely
   "attempt to extract drivers disk failed" also got the lib/module_h
   snippet of message hidden behind dialog box. Also something about memory.
 Attempted to install using drv1440.bin from disks-i386/current
   got"failed to extract" error again but with message about floppy:0
   being unreadable this time.

Decided that this was enough and booted back to dos :-(
oh yah, system info
Cyrix 486 DX2-66
2 IDE drives
  /dev/hda	4 partitions
  /dev/hdb      1 partition
/dev/hda1 200 meg dos partition
/dev/hda2 2 meg ext2fs mounted on /boot (old bios, doesn't see passed 512 M)
/dev/hda3 64 meg swap partition
/dev/hda4 700 meg ext2fs mounted as /
/dev/hdb1 245 meg ext2fs mounted on /root (where I keep "my" stuff)

Other hardware deemed unimportant at this time. If you need more info I
will be glad to send it. I hope this helps :-)

Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."    Isaac Asimov, Foundation