Re: Do slink boot floppies work?

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 08:02:59PM -0500, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> P.S. Could you let the testing group know how the install goes?  I haven't
> heard any reports yet.  It's about time I tried them, and if my 11 gig
> drive isn't fried, I will soon.  (My drive has been giving me problems,
> and it's either the cable or the drive.  When I get back to the machine
> I'll be able to figure out which.  I'm hoping for a bad cable since
> another drive was giving my problems with that same cable.  But it was a
> 90 day uptime which included lots of quake :-)

I grabbed the 386 boot floppies from, um, I don't remember.  The version is

  base2_1.tgz.2.1.1-i386   drv1440.bin.2.1.1-i386   resc1440.bin.2.1.1-i386

The install fails when I try to install the drivers floppy.  The error
is vague: error installing drivers.  There is something printed behind
the dialog popup

  ...lib/module_h...

The ellipsis are mine.  Most of the text is obscured.

All I can say with certainty is that it fails.