Re: what's up with xterm?

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Of course it is up to the individual system administrator to decide which set
> of problems he'd like to deal with; that is why Debian has three
> (non-legacy) terminal types available for xterm: xterm, xterm-xfree86, and
> xterm-debian.

Thanks Branden.  I relize that there is a lot of good from having $TERM
default to xterm-debian.  I think I'll add wrappers to my remote login
commands to change xterm-debian to xterm on my next build and leave the
default as is.  However, for the new users, perhaps it would be good to
ask them which sort of problems they would prefer during the xterm
installation.  How difficult would this be?

Thanks,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |