Re: xterm and xterm-debian

    Arrigo> I have a large network of Debian 1.3.1r8 boxes and I am
    Arrigo> test-upgrading one of the machines (to see pitfalls and
    Arrigo> problems before I take the plunge). The main issue is
    Arrigo> xterm telling the world it is xterm-debian.

    Arrigo> In a single workstation world it is al very well but in a
    Arrigo> real university situation I have Suns, DEC alphas etc. all
    Arrigo> complaining about the unknown terminal. I cannot go round
    Arrigo> half the world (i.e. wherever students and lecturers have
    Arrigo> accounts) adding xterm-debian to termcaps and terminfos
    Arrigo> because a) I don't have accounts there, b) the number of
    Arrigo> machines out there is rather large.

You can just edit /etc/X11/Xresources and comment out/change
XTerm*termName . This should probably be shouted from the rooftops
in xbase's postinst upon an upgrade, or in a README.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters O and K and the number 19.
"More testicles means more iron." -- Lunchlady Doris, The Simpsons