Using superformat and dd to create resc1743.bin floppy

Hello again,
I am attempting to get resc1743.bin onto floppy using my hamm system
after failing to get rawrite2 to work under win95 (see my last message on
this list).

Using the suggested method of creating the floppy which passed through
this list awhile back failed for me also, namely
..."superformat /dev/fd0u1743" and ..."dd if=foo of=/dev/fd0u1743" where
foo is the resc1743.bin image
The results:
superformat gives this result

# superformat /dev/fd0u1743
 Verifying cylinder 82, head 1
mformat -s21 -t83 -h2 -S2 -M512  a:

ok this seems fine (but I am not sure about that), then dd gives

# dd if=/win95/debian/resc1743.bin of=/dev/fd0u1743
dd: /dev/fd0u1743: Input/output error
3403+0 records in
3402+0 records out

Am I missing something critical or does this method of making floppy
images have "real" problems?
Oh, by the way, superformat tells me that my drive and controller have a
deviation of -1200. Maybe this is where the problem is. Any feedback
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."    Isaac Asimov, Foundation