Re: Status check

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> 1) boot floppies
>    a) is that modconf bug that makes you hit enter going to be fixed?
>    b) there is an ETA of this weekend on another build, is that 2.0.26?

I just saw a new set of bootfloppies get uploaded to Incoming mere hours
ago, these issues and more claim to be fixed.

>    b) have the dependencies been worked out for things like xterm, how
>       about making xf86setup recommend vga16 (and depend on any server)

I thought the graphical setup required vga16? If not that would explain
why it didn't work (I had an ATI card as the default)

>    c) bootable cd's and multi-cd installs seem to be the big questions

APT v3 (http://www.debian.org/~jgg) has working CD-ROM support and with
some testing will be able to do the multi cdrom trick, right now it works
in a limited fashion (no disk swaps once started)

Jason