Re: Recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u (Was: Status of Slink (fwd)

Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> Not that I know of.  Anyone feel like making a script that takes each of
> these packages and fires off an email to <pkgname>@packages.debian.org?
> It shouldn't be too hard.  Getting the contents of the email correct is
> the hard part, what exactly do they need to upload a correct package?

Urk, please don't. I don't really want to get 41 emails about this (yes, I
have 41 packages that evidently need fixing. Sigh.) Send one email to each
maintainer with a list of their packages.

I haven't followed this thread in depth, I seem to have missed the beginning
of it - is the problem that packages built with an old libc end up with a
depdnancy on libc6 (>= 2.0.7u) and they need to be rebuilt with the newer
libc that has a shlibs file that just has "libc6" in it? And is the only
reason this rebuild is necessary so that people can upgrade from hamm w/o
upgrading libc? I just want to get the facts straight before I start a 41
package recompile.

--
see shy jo