Re: boot-floppies_2.1.2 the story gets interesting

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 11:49:25AM +0100, Gunnar.Isaksson@saab.se wrote:
> I tried yesterday to install resc1440.bin.2.1.2-i386 .... from incoming
> and could successfully get a working installation but with the wrong
> keymapping. I selected Swedish keymapping but got something else.
>
> This morning I downloaded the source code boot-floppies_2.1.2_all.deb
> and rolled my own resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin . With these new floppies
> the Swedish keymapping I selected really worked.

Probably it was a bug in kbd-data that has been fixed recently?

> Unfortunately with my homemade floppies I tripped on a bug when
> selecting "Configure Device Driver Modules".
>
> When selecting "Configure Device Driver Modules", nothing happend and I
> was directed to the next step "Configure Network". I could later sort of
> complete the installation since the slink distribution is on a second
> harddrive with a ext2 filesystem and I didn't need any additional modules
> for that to work.
>
> I haven't patched the source code. The binaries I tried yesterday must
> have used the same source code as my homemade floppies. The only differences
> should be different compiler and library versions. I have not installed
> any libraries or compilers from incoming but otherwise my slink box I used
> to create the floppies should be up to date as of this morning.

You have used modconf_0.2.20. That version has a few bugs. Some have been
fixed in modconf_0.2.21, the version I used to build boot-floppies_2.1.2.
modconf_0.2.21 should be on master's incoming/.

 	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es