Re: Monatlicher Debian Stammtisch in Zürich / Monthly Debian Regulars Meeting in Zurich

Hi,

Axel Beckert wrote:
> We want to establish a regular Debian meeting in Zurich.
>
> The first meeting will take place:
>
>   on Tuesday, 2013-Nov-05, starting at 19:00 CET

I think the first meeting was a success.

We were 12 people of which 3 are DDs and one is a retired DD.
Nevertheless most of them were -- at least to me -- known faces. I
knew all but one participant from before. I somehow expected more new
faces. :-)

At least from the participants the date seems to be fine. From the
feedback on the list and the fact that one person was there already
earlier, I'd put the official start to 18:30.

>   at Gloria, Josefstrasse 59, 8005 Zurich
>   http://zuri.net/zurich/18207/restaurant_gloria.htm

They didn't kick us out at 22:00, but around 21:40 it became obvious
that they want to close at 22:00. At least Michael and me would have
stayed longer, so we plan to find a more suitable restaurant.

Others also said it was too loud in there (was ok for me) and again
others mentioned that the service was a little bit slow (they seemed
to be understaffed at least today).

I must also say that they coped very well with our group growing
slowly and rearranging tables and plants as necessary. No arguing from
their side at all! :-) The meals were fine, too. They once brought the
wrong meal, but the correct meal came quickly afterwards.

Suggestions from participants so far:

* St. Gallerhof / Subito (two restaurants, same owner, same menu,
  close together, both very close to Zurich main station,
  http://www.st-gallerhof.ch/, http://www.restaurant-subito.ch/,
  kitchen open until 23:00, open garden in summer, IIRC WiFi)

* Restaurant Bahnhof Wiedikon (IIRC no WiFi, very close to the
  http://www.beffa-gastro.ch/wiedikon.html)

There were also some suggestions which were found to have one or more
relevant downsides:

* Sphères (http://spheres.cc/, WiFi, but more a bar than a restaurant,
  only limited menu IIRC, mostly cake and sandwiches)

My current favourite are St. Gallerhof and/or Subito as we have quite
good experiences with St. Gallerhof from LUGS meetings.

> Registering is not necessary.

I'd like to keep that. Worked fine IMHO.

> We intend to meet every first Tuesday of the month.

No real disagreement here so far, so I'd keep that, too.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin