Re: Failing to obtain DHCP address from Swisscom Hotspots

On 29.10.2013 17:14, martin f krafft wrote:
[...]
I would not be surprised if Swisscom's DHCP servers are simply not
working properly. I greatly appreciate the possibility to connect
mostly anywhere, but being hindered by technical problems like this
does dampen my excitement quite a bit.

(X201 here)
Something you could try:
echo "options iwlwifi swcrypto=1 11n_disable=1" \
  > /etc/modprobe.d/iwlhack.conf

I found an old note that this helped me on an X201, but I cannot remember the details.

Cheers
 Harry